Because there is no need to have Microsoft Word® installed it is possible to generate a document from any Smart, Web, Headless and NG client!.
The Word Plugin supports features like document creation, content manipulation and mail merge abilities.You can work with several document formats among which:
Content manipulation is done, amongst others, by moving to bookmarks and inserting text, images, fonts and other formatting.
It is also possible to insert data bookmark per bookmark or by inserting a dataset, foundset or record.
- DOC, DOCM, DOCX etc. MS Word®
- PDF Portable Document Format
- RTF Rich Text Format
- TEXT Text Format
- HTML HyperText Markup Language
The included sample solution shows you the how you can create a new blank document or a document based on an existing template/document (included).
Some of the available methods in the Document object are:
- Document. replaceBookmark - Replace with the entered text (or array of textlines)
- Document. replaceBookmarks - Replace with the columnnames and row values (arrays), dataset, foundset or record
- Document. gotoStart - Go to the beginning of the Microsoft Word® document
- Document. totEnd - Go to the end of the Microsoft Word® document
- Document. gotoBookmark - Go to the bookmark by name
- Document. insertDocument - Insert a (Microsoft Word®) document at the selected position
- Document. insertPagebreak - Insert a pagebreak at the selected position
- Document. insertImage - Insert an image at the selected position
- Document. insertText - Insert the entered text (or array of textlines) at the selected position
- Document. font - Set the font (family, style and size)
- Document. fontColor - Set a new font color
Some of the available properties in the Document object are: