The Tools Plugin is the very first (ever) developed Plugin for Servoy and is 'Open Sourced', packed with over 60 functions .
- zip - zip a (single) file and/or a folder.
- unzip - unzip a file, a group of files and folders.
- getMaxDay - returns the last day of the given month
- dateDifference - calculate the difference between two days in milliseconds, seconds, minutes, hours or days
- dateFormat - convert a date to a string and the other way around with (or without) a formatting string
- numberFormat - format the (localized) number to the formatString
- secondsFormat - to make a number of seconds a string and the other way around. formatting like HH:mm:ss
- mirror - reverse a string 'mirrorString' into 'gnirtSrorrim'
- trim, lTrim, rTrim - remove all, leading or trailing spaces from the string
- isEmail - takes a string with one or more email addresses and checks if the format is correct
- isExpired - takes a year, month and (optional) day and returns a Boolean when expired
- isInteger - returns a Boolean value, checks a string
- isInRange - takes dates, numbers, integers and strings and returns a Boolean
- isModulus10 - takes a string, filters all numbers and tells you the result of a modulus10 check
- isNumber - returns a Boolean value after checking a string
- isTextOnly - takes a string and returns false if it finds numbers
- isServoyClient - returns true when you are running a client.
- setSolution - change the title of the solution window
- setSolutionIcon - change the icon of the solution window
- getScreenX(element) and getScreenY(element) - get the x and y coordinates of an element relative to the upper left corner (0,0) of the screen.
- getPrinters - retrieve an Array with all available printers on the clients computer
- defaultPrinter - get and set the default printer on the clients computer
- Makes 17 system environment properties available from the server and the running client. Among which:
- IP address
- MAC address - Array of MAC addresses
- Directories - User dir, User home and Temporary dir
- Operating system properties - name, version etc.
- Seperators - path and file
- Java properties - vendor, vendor url, version
Formatting and strings
Both Client and Server