Transmission can be secure (ssl) and non-secure .Connections can by Anonymous or Authenticated .
The LDAPclient Plugin will prove its value in environments where an LDAP server is already in use and setting up a security user database for a Servoy solution would mean duplicating the user data from the LDAP server.
It is under those circumstances that maintenance issues will arise rather sooner than later.
Use the LDAPclient Plugin in combination with solutions as described on the Servoy Wiki and you will have an alternative to the built-in security.
- Connect to an LDAP server
- Secure (SSL) and non-secure connections
- Anonymous and non-anonymous bind
- Create, edit and retrieve Entries
- Retrieve attributes by name or methodName
- Add, edit and delete Passwords